Protecting the privacy of your personal information is important to us at Fincar Pty Ltd.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you directly by telephone, facsimile, email, post or via our website. We may also receive information via an intermediary, a company with which we may have an relationship such as a finance company, car dealer or other institution.
What types of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you to enable us to assess your automotive finance needs. The types of personally identifiable information that we may collect include your name, address, telephone number, financial details and email address.
When we request your personal information, we will endeavour to specify which information we require for our purposes and which information may be provided at your option. You have the absolute right not to supply any optional information requested by us but our ability to assist you may be restricted.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to complete a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates, such as the completion of order forms
- to communicate information about our products and services to you
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements to conduct our day to day business such as establishment of pricing and delivery logistics.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us. If you wish to opt out of receiving communications from us please contact us using the information at the end of this document.
Do we ever disclose your personal information to others?
We do not sell our client lists to third parties. We may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- to provide necessary details to new car dealerships so that they may register the vehicle and make arrangements for delivery. We will only do this upon completion of the transaction.
- when explicitly requested by you, the client, we may refer personal information to one of our associated companies so that they may assist you in their area of expertise e.g. insurance, salary packaging companies etc.
Otherwise, we do not disclose personal information unless we are required to do so by law or regulation.
What rights do you have to access your personal information?
At any time, you may ask us to provide you with a list of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that personal information. We will endeavour to provide you with the data within 60 days of receiving your request.
If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete data about you, you may ask us to correct it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
How do we store your personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. We require all staff to maintain the confidentiality of customer information. Access to information stored electronically is restricted to employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection.
How can we be contacted?
You can make any requests relating to your personal information held by us by contacting any member of staff via our contact details or by emailing to email@example.com.